COACHELLA, Calif. - The families of a 26-year-old Coachella woman and 28-year-old Palm Desert man are asking for help as they haven't been heard from since Wednesday night. Audrey Moran and her boyfriend, Jonathan Reynoso, also known by family and friends as Jon Darling, were last seen in a 'selfie' photograph taken at his home in Palm Desert. But the selfie wasn't taken the same day as they disappeared, as police originally thought.
Authorities are releasing more details as police continue an extensive search for the missing couple.
Indio Police released this new information on Monday afternoon:
- Audrey was last seen at her sister's house in Coachella on Wednesday, May 10 between 8 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. She stopped at her sister's house while driving to meet Jonathan at an unknown location between Coachella and Imperial County. Based on interviews with friends, police believe Jonathan may have been traveling from Brawley for an unknown reason.
- Jonathan does not drive and was coming from Imperial County with friends. Those friends have not been identified or interviewed. Police believe that Jonathan and Audrey did meet at an unknown location sometime on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. Friends and family tried to contact both Audrey and Jonathan throughout the day and night on Thursday, May 11, 2017. Audrey’s family reported Audrey missing in the early morning hours of Friday, May 12, 2017.
- Using On-Star, IPD officers located the vehicle (2010 GMC Terrain) around 8:00 a.m., on the westbound side of the I-10 west of the Oak Valley Parkway on May 11, 2017. The vehicle was recovered by IPD and the initial search of the vehicle showed no signs of foul play or forced entry. The vehicle was fueled and operated normally when started.
- The “selfie” photo that was sent from Audrey’s phone was not taken on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, as originally thought. It was sent to a family member on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, but it is unknown when the actual photo was taken. Audrey’s cell phone records indicate her phone did not use any cell towers outside of the East Coachella Valley on Wednesday, May 11, 2017. Audrey’s phone is still off and there has been no activity since midnight Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
- Detectives continue to search for Audrey and Jonathan as they follow up on all leads, old and new. Authorities said there are currently no obvious signs of foul play and this is considered an attempt to locate Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911, their local police agency or the Indio Police Department at 760-391-4051.