PALM DESERT, Calif. - Faulty equipment caused a fire inside an auto body shop in Palm Desert this evening.
Cal Fire Riverside County firefighters said the fire happened just after 5:30 p.m. on the 75000 block of Sheryl Avenue. Fire crews located a vehicle on fire inside the auto shop. The fire was quickly contained and only burned the vehicle.
Firefighters on scene said they believed the cause of the fire was due to faulty equipment on an off-road vehicle parked inside the shop. No one was inside the auto shop at the time of the fire, but Cal Fire officials said one firefighter was treated for minor injuries.
More: I-Team investigations
Find us on Facebook: KESQ News Channel 3
Follow us on Twitter for breaking news updates: @KESQ
We’re on Instagram! @KESQ_News_Channel_3
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15