COACHELLA VALLEY, Calif. - Friday marks the 100th day since a Coachella Valley couple disappeared. The couple hasn't been heard from since May 10.
26-year-old Audrey Moran and 29-year-old Jonathan "Darling" Reynoso were believed to have been together when Audrey's car was found abandoned on the side of the I-10 near Banning.
Both Jonathan and Audrey's families trying to pick up the pieces, desperately trying to make sense of their disappearance.
- May 10th: The last time anyone is in contact with 26-year-old Audrey Moran and 28-year-old Jonathan "Darling" Reynoso.According to police, Moran was last seen at her sister's house around 8 p.m. Indio police say she left to meet Jonathan at an unknown location between Coachella and Imperial County. A photo was sent from Moran's phone to family, but it was not taken that Wednesday night. Both, Moran and Reynoso's phones are off.
- The next day, Indio police located Audrey's car using On-Star. The car was found on the side of the I-10 freeway. Blood hounds picked up a scent near the car. "No forced entry on the vehicle, no signs of forced entry in the vehicle, no blood or anything like that," said Sgt Dan Marshall of the Indio Police Department.
- On May 12, Moran and Reynoso are officially reported missing. Indio police investigate Moran's case while Palm Desert Sheriff's look into Reynoso's.
- Day 5, Reynoso's mother, Mayra Torres, makes her first public plea for help.
- Day 7, Torres starts writing letters to Jonathan on Facebook. Thousands share her posts, gaining national attention.
- May 18, missing person's flyers are printed and distributed.
"It's moving and people will see it, they'll see it on the highway, they'll see it down the street, they'll see it when it's parked, it's moving." - Mayra Torres
- Day 13, Moran's parents open up for the first time.
- On May 25, a candle light vigil to pray for the pair's return.
- June 10 marks one month since the couple's disappearance. A $10,000 reward is offered to anyone with information on the couple's whereabouts.
"Sometimes when you bring the money up, maybe they'll talk. Five days was too much already, I was expecting a call a text, it's been 30 days and still nothing" - Maria Moran
- Day 45, the La Quinta Brewing Company hosts a fundraiser to increase the reward.
- The next day, a man who goes by Aaron claims in an online comment that he knows where Moran and Reynoso are. Police are investigating.
- Day 51,- the Riverside County Sheriff's Department Central Homicide Unit take over the case.
- 2 months pass without any trace of the two.
"Good morning Mija, today is July 10, 2 months since we've heard from you. it's amazing that we haven't heard from your or Jon." - Maria Moran
- Day 92, a local print shop helps distribute "missing" business cards.
- The third-month hits, a novena, a series of prayers, start in the couple's honor in Mexico. Friends still desperately looking for answers.
"There has to be someone who knows something" - Bertha, Audrey's friend
"They may not be with us anymore, even if it's that, we just want to know." - Arturo, Jonathan's friend.
- Day 100, Riverside County Sheriff's are continuing to investigate this mysterious missing person's case. KESQ / CBS Local 2 is working closely with the Sheriff's Department and the families as we try to uncover any new developments.
Anyone with any details on the couple's whereabouts is encouraged to contact the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, you can call their missing person's tip line at 760-393-3544.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
More: I-Team investigations
Find us on Facebook: KESQ News Channel 3
Follow us on Twitter for breaking news updates: @KESQ
We’re on Instagram! @KESQ_News_Channel_3
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15