The tradition continues for the Aztec girls' tennis program. Palm Desert won their 30th league championship since 1987 on Wednesday, finishing the 2017 DVL season a perfect 13-0.
Head coach and former player Morgan McIntosh said "I'm so proud. They (her team) amazed me last year and then they blew me away this year. It's a family out here and they're playing for each other. Everything I've tried to instill in them they've succeeded with."
The Aztecs have been led all season by sophomore sensation Tenaya Moranda who finished as the individual champion in the DVL, defeating senior teammate Saige Collins.
Palm Desert will now continue their season with the CIF-SS playoffs in the hopes of winning a championship.
- Interior official: No decision yet on Fla. Offshore drilling
- CNN Poll: President Trump's approval rating edges up to 40%
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Paramedics called to Justice Sonia Sotomayor's house for low blood sugar
- Mattis: Military will continue to function, but shutdown will have 'terrible impact'