PALM DESERT, Calif. - The Riverside County Sheriff's Department said a female pedestrian was struck and killed around 9:30 Saturday night. It happened near Highway 111 and San Pablo Avenue in Palm Desert.
Deputies said the incident was under investigation and that the driver of the vehicle involved is cooperating with authorities and that drugs and/or alcohol do not appear to be factors. Sunday, authorities identified the woman as Jamie Melissa Ziegler, 48, of El Segundo.
A portion of Highway 111 was closed down for several hours while authorities investigated the scene.
Stay with KESQ and CBS Local 2 for any developments on this incident.
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort
- Netanyahu blasts media 'witch hunt' as police announce new investigation
- Virtual reality brings Olympic experience to life
- Women's March organizers plan student walkout to protest gun violence