LA QUINTA, Calif. - Five people were displaced Sunday when a fire burned the attached garage of a home in La Quinta.
The fire was reported at 9:26 a.m. in the 53300 block of Avenida Martinez, said Jody Hagemann of the Riverside County Fire Department.
Firefighters at the scene were able to keep the garage fire from spreading into other parts of the home, and contained the fire in about 40 minutes, according to Hagemann.
The two adults and three children displaced by the fire managed to escape without injury.
- How a plot to kill Kim Il Sung ended in mutiny and murder
- As China concerns grow, India looks to build military presence in Seychelles
- GOP donor wants candidates who support tougher gun control
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort