PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - The Palm Springs Police Department announced multiple road closures ahead of this weekend's Tour de Palm Springs.
The following roads will be closed:
- N. Palm Canyon Drive between Alejo Rd and Tahquitz Canyon. The road will be closed Friday at 6:00 am and open by 8:00 pm Saturday.
- The #2 northbound lane of N. Indian Canyon Drive between Alejo Road and Vista Chino. The lane will be closed at 5:00 am and open by 11:00 am.
- The #2 westbound lane of Dinah Shore Drive from the west end of the bridge to Crossley Road. The lane will be closed at 7:30 am and open by 3:00 pm.
- The #1 westbound lane of Tahquitz Canyon Way between Avenida Caballeros and Indian Canyon Drive. The lane will be closed at 8:30 am and open by 5:00 pm.
- Avenida Caballeros will be closed between Tahquitz Canyon Way and Baristo Road. The road will be closed at 8:30 am and open by 5:00 pm.
- Eastbound Tahquitz Canyon Way between Calle El Segundo and Avenida Caballeros. The eastbound lanes will be closed at 8:30 am and open by 5:00 pm.
- Tahquitz Canyon Way between Indian Canyon Drive and Belardo Road. The road will be closed at 9:00 am and open by 7:00 pm.
This is the 20th year of the bicycle ride. Around 7,000 bicyclists are expected to participate. Event organizers ask that if you're driving this Saturday to watch out the bicyclists out on the roadways. Keep at least a 3-foot buffer between them and your vehicle.