INDIO, Calif. - Now that the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has wrapped up with its second weekend, make way for the Stagecoach Country Music Festival, and more road closures and delays.
The Stagecoach Country Music Festival will be held at the Empire Polo Club on April 25, 26 and 27.
The festival will bring major traffic delays to the cities of Indio and La Quinta throughout the weekend. Officials are asking residents to once again plan ahead and expect delays when traveling throughout the area.
Expect delays on the following roads:
- Jefferson Street, southbound from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe Street
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
- North and south travel, use Washington Street, Jackson Street, Calhoun Street and Golf Center Parkway
- East and west travel, use Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Avenue 48 and Avenue 52
- Avenue 49 and Monroe Street on the southwest corner inside the venue
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up:
- Avenue 52 and Madison Street inside the venue
NO pedestrians or pedestrian festival access will be allowed on Monroe Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52. Pedestrian access IS available at the corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe Street AND at the corner of Avenue 52 and Madison Street.
Golf carts are not permitted on any of the streets listed above.
If you have questions or problems, you can call 760-541-7800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michigan State University has put together a list of the most empathetic countries. Researchers interviewed more than 100,000 adults from 63 countries and found "higher empathy countries also have higher levels of collectivism, agreeableness, conscientiousness, self-esteem, emotionality, subjective well-being, and prosocial behavior." Find out the top 10 countries that made the list.Read More »
The person ahead in the popular vote might not actually win the presidency. Why? The Electoral College takes the final vote -- not us.Read More »
Less than a day after their heated final presidential debate, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton traded shots at the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner. Here's a look at the most memorable lines from the event.Read More »
Halloween isn't just for humans to dress in costume. About 16 percent of consumers plan to dress their pets up too, according to the National Retail Federation. The group put together a list of the top costumes for pets. Click through to see what made the list, including the devil.Read More »