PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - "We really start from the ground up to make this happen. it definitely takes a small village working together round the clock," says Kari Stout-Smith, General Manager of the Spa Resort Casino in Palm Springs.
It is all hands on deck for one of the largest New Years Eve block parties in the Coachella Valley. More than 15,000 people are expected to fill the outdoor venue of the Casino Sunday night.
"The whole party kicks off at 8 o'clock in the night. With all kinds of activities, DJ Dense will be spinning to warm up the crowd, we'll have family-friendly activities, lots of food and beverage options," Stout-Smith said.
The Plain White T's are set to take the stage at 10:30 p.m. Followed by the countdown to 2018 with a light up palm tree similar to the traditional ball drop and of course a firework show.
The Spa Resort Casino is also stepping up their security measures this year. They've recently installed these bollards to prevent vehicles from entering the event.
"We continue to look at different events that happened across the United States and abroad to learn from those tragedies and to make sure we're as well prepared as we can possibly be," Stout-Smith said.
Internal spa resort security along with Palm Springs police have organized a security plan for the night.
You can buy tickets to the event here.
Several roads in the area will be closed for the event, including:
- N. Calle Encilia between E. Amado Road and E. Andreas Road
- E. Andreas Road between N. Calle Encilia and N. Calle El Segundo
- N. Calle Encilia reduced to one lane between the Hilton Hotel and E. Tahquitz Canyon Way (The Hilton Hotel can also be accessed from East Parking Lot located on N. Calle El Segundo.)
- GOP donor wants candidates who support tougher gun control
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort
- Netanyahu blasts media 'witch hunt' as police announce new investigation
- Virtual reality brings Olympic experience to life