BEAUMONT, Calif. - Police are asking the District Attorney's office to file criminal charges against a Beaumont High School football coach who was caught on video punching a student in the stomach.
The video surfaced on social media in early October.
Several parents said the short video was taken out of context and a longer version shows the students playing around.
Will Martin is on administrative leave and didn't return to the sidelines for the Beaumont Cougars for the rest of the season.
The District Attorney's office said they haven't made a decision on filing criminal charges against Martin.
- GOP donor wants candidates who support tougher gun control
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort
- Netanyahu blasts media 'witch hunt' as police announce new investigation
- Virtual reality brings Olympic experience to life