Person injured in clothes dryer fire at Desert Hot Springs home

DESERT HOT SPRINGS, Calif. - A resident was hospitalized with minor injuries today after a clothes dryer caught fire at a Desert Hot Springs home.

The fire broke out at 10:40 a.m. at a single-story home in the 13000 block of Ocotillo Road, said Tawny Cabral of the Riverside County Fire Department.

Responding firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the dryer before it could spread to other parts of the home, she said.

The homeowner, whose name was withheld, was taken to a hospital with unspecified minor injuries, Cabral said.

More: Today’s Top Stories

First Alert Forecast

More: I-Team and Stands for You investigations

Find us on Facebook: KESQ News Channel 3 & CBS Local 2

Follow us on Twitter for breaking news updates: @KESQ  & @Local2

We’re on Instagram! @KESQ_News_Channel_3  & @CBSLocal2

Watch live newscasts

Noticias en español: Telemundo 15

comments powered by Disqus

Latest Headlines

Photo Galleries