PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is back open Friday after being shut down Thursday due to technical difficulties following our recent thunderstorms. Tram officials said the attraction was reopened at 8 a.m. Friday.
Read: Storm damage, flooding and power outages reported throughout the Coachella Valley early Thursday morning
Several people hoping to travel up the tram said they were disappointed as they were hoping to get a great view at the clouds and storms on Thursday.
Greg Purdy, public affairs manager for the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, told KESQ / CBS Local 2 that the shutdown was most likely caused by weather conditions, which tramway officials confirmed Friday morning.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
- Florida student Emma Gonzalez to lawmakers and gun advocates: 'We call BS'
- Sri Lanka government in crisis after comeback of ex-leader
- 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' inspires London campaign
- Thousands without power after windstorm in Washington state
- At least 12 incidents involving threats, weapons at schools since Florida shooting