Officers raced to round up a brood of chickens that fell from a truck on a highway near Los Angeles, The Associated Press reported.
California Highway Patrol said the birds blocked a portion of I-605 in the Norwalk area Tuesday morning, the AP reported.
The officers saved 17 chickens, the AP reported. Two died.
The scramble provided plenty of opportunities for puns as the agency tweeted photos and videos.
"Feel good story of the day, no fowl play suspected," the agency wrote in one tweet.
We took these guys into custody without any trouble. They were too chicken to fight. pic.twitter.com/agQioGoC4a— CHP Santa Fe Springs (@CHP_SFS) January 2, 2018
- Sweden to publish leaflets warning citizens over potential war
- Jeff Flake rips Trump: A president 'who cannot take criticism ... is charting a very dangerous path'
- America missing out on tourism boom
- It's so cold in parts of Siberia that eyelashes freezing
- Trump's India partner sees 'overwhelming' interest in apartments