News

Man suspected of shooting three adults at Thousand Palms party turned himself in, now free on bail

Thousand Palms shooting update

THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. - According to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department the suspect wanted for shooting 3 people at a party in Thousand Palms on Sept. 16 turned himself in last month and is now free on bail.  

Read: Three adults shot during Thousand Palms party

Carlos Ulloa, age 41 of Thousand Palms turned himself into a Riverside County courtroom on September 29th.

According to court records Ulloa was arraigned and pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Read: Shooting victim's family speaks about suspect

The judge set bail at $175,000  and Ulloa is now free on bail awaiting his next court date which is set for October 20th.

One of the victims, Guillermo Delgado, suffered multiple gunshot wounds. His brother Julio Delgado is upset that Ulloa was allowed to post such a small bail amount.

"I'm really disappointed at the way the criminal [justice] system played out in this case. I was shocked to be honest that nobody cared to inform the family of the victim that was still hat the hospital that this guy was out," said Julio Delgado. 

"I am just very confused as to why this guy would be with attempted murder when my brother died twice when he was being rushed to the emergency room," said Delgado.

KESQ and CBS Local 2 reporter Joe Galli reached out to the District Attorney's office. According to DA PIO John Hall, "regarding the charges, we filed the charges we believe are best supported by the evidence presented to us in this case."

More: Today’s Top Stories

First Alert Forecast

More: I-Team and Stands for You investigations

Find us on Facebook: KESQ News Channel 3 & CBS Local 2

Follow us on Twitter for breaking news updates: @KESQ  & @Local2

We’re on Instagram! @KESQ_News_Channel_3  & @CBSLocal2

Watch live newscasts

Noticias en español: Telemundo 15


comments powered by Disqus

Latest Headlines

Photo Galleries