INDIO, Calif. - A man who allegedly stole a car and a travel trailer, then was captured by police during a sweep of a Palm Springs neighborhood involving a helicopter and police canines, was charged Tuesday with burglary and vehicle theft.
Jeffrey Dale Howell, 41, is charged along with Michelle Foreman, 47, for allegedly stealing an Airstream Travel Trailer on Sept. 22 and a Ford Explorer on Oct. 2.
Foreman was taken into custody at around 4 a.m. last Thursday, according to jail records.
Howell was arrested later that morning following a police search of the area near the 700 block of Spencer Drive, with Palm Springs police utilizing one of their K9 units and the California Highway Patrol using a helicopter to capture him.
He was detained at around 10:30 a.m., according to police.
Howell has prior felony convictions for burglary, receiving stolen property and possession of controlled substances, while Foreman has a prior burglary conviction, court records show.
Both defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges Tuesday afternoon and will return to court Oct. 19 for a felony settlement conference.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
- Iran official: Tel Aviv would be 'razed to the ground' if Israel attacks
- People are asking that Florida shooting victim be buried with military honors
- Postal employee found dead on Dallas interstate
- 'This isn't the person we knew,' host family says of Florida school shooter
- GOP congressional candidate defends AR-15 giveaway