INDIO, Calif. - A Los Angeles teacher accused of having sex with a 17-year-old student, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday to an unrelated drug charge during Coachella Music Festival.
Aimee Palmitessa's plea was entered on her behalf by an attorney. She did not have to personally appear on the ecstasy possession charge because it is a misdemeanor.
Court records showed she was found with possession of the drug in two aluminum bindles on April 22.
The Brentwood private school chemistry teacher is also accused of having a sexual relationship with a student between June 12 and Aug. 11.
She was arrested and released on a $230,000 bond, while the school, an elite K-12 coed campus, placed her on administrative leave pending the resolution of the case.
On Sept. 15, Palmitessa pleaded not guilty to seven counts of unlawful sexual intercourse, two counts of sodomy and sexual penetration by foreign object of person under the age of 18 and one count of oral copulation of a person under 18.She faces 10 years and four months in prison if convicted.
Palmitessa is due back at the Indio courthouse on Jan. 10 for a pretrial hearing in the drug case.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
- Netanyahu blasts media 'witch hunt' as police announce new investigation
- Virtual reality brings Olympic experience to life
- Women's March organizers plan student walkout to protest gun violence
- As community grieves, Parkland students call for action on guns
- 23 passengers removed from cruise ship in Australia after brawls