PALM DESERT, Calif. - Local artists from the nonprofit Desert Arc opened a pop-up exhibit at the Historical Society of Palm Desert Friday.
The exhibit runs through Monday, Jan. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This is the seventh year for the Client Art Exhibition, which showcases the artwork of Desert Arc's afternoon art program, which is offered for free to clients of all artistic abilities.
Artists receive commission for the pieces which are sold, which vary from acrylic to mixed medium and ceramics.
Desert Arc provides opportunities and job training for nearly 700 adults in the Coachella Valley and High Desert with developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and autism.
The Historical Society of Palm Desert is located at 72861 El Paseo.
- Snowfall leads to 70-car pileup on I-35
- Security guard caught on camera pretending to shoot students
- Florida student Emma Gonzalez to lawmakers and gun advocates: 'We call BS'
- Sri Lanka government in crisis after comeback of ex-leader
- 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' inspires London campaign