An Atlanta woman said she accidentally swallowed a butter knife as she placed it in her mouth to show her friends that her gag reflex had waned.

The New England Journal of Medicine reported that the 30-year-old woman, who suffers from bulimia, said she unexpectedly laughed while the knife was near the back of her throat and it slid down into and lodged itself in her esophagus, causing chest discomfort.

According to the Journal, the woman was rushed to a hospital and an endoscopy was performed to remove the kitchen utensil. The woman resumed eating without complications.

There's no word on whether the knife was kept as a souvenir.

To read the original story, click here.