A Terrebonne couple using a space heater to try to thaw frozen pipes beneath their manufactured home instead sparked a fire that caused $40,000 damage late Monday morning, fire officials said as they warned people to be extremely cautious where they put such devices.
The Redmond School of Dance just put on its annual "High Desert Nutcracker." They don't make a radical departure from Tchaikovsky's story and choreography -- they just tell the story with cowgirls. And golfers. And rock chucks.
About 35 Central Electric Cooperative members at a southeast Bend mobile home park lost power for up to eight hours Sunday night on a second night of sub-zero temperatures -- the second outage of the day on Bend's Eastside..
A former Bend lawyer pleaded guilty Monday in Eugene federal court to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and could face a 20-year sentence when he returns to court next March, federal officials said.
A second straight night of below-zero temperatures left the High Desert in deep-freeze mode late Sunday and early Monday -- though a wee bit warmer -- with the promise of warmer days to come in the new work week; Bend was climbing toward freezing in the afternoon for the first time in days.
On Sunday at The Pine Tavern, children of all ages got to enjoy a special breakfast with a jolly fellow from the North Pole. The 23rd annual "Breakfast with Santa" was hosted by the Assistance League of Bend for the foster families of Deschutes County.
Stand up paddleboarding is a sport that’s exploding in popularity in the U.S. and in Central Oregon. In this week’s edition of “Get Started,” NewsChannel 21's Kim Tobin gets some lessons in how to stay afloat.