COACHELLA, Calif. -

A natural gas leak occurred in Coachella on Tuesday morning.

City officials said a 4 inch gas line ruptured near Avenue 52 and Tyler Street. CalFire responded to the incident and crews with the Southern California Gas Company were expected to have the line repaired by 11:30 a.m.

United Family Daycare and two nearby businesses had to be evacuated as a precaution. Officials with CalFire said 23 kids and 11 adults were evacuated from the day care center and eight adults were evacuated from the businesses.

The road was shut down for a couple of blocks as well.