PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - The 29th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival (PSIFF) will present Gal Gadot with the Rising Star Award - Actress at its annual Film Awards Gala for her performance in Wonder Woman. The Film Awards Gala, hosted by Mary Hart, will be held Tuesday, January 2 at the Palm Springs Convention Center. The Festival runs January 4-15, 2018.
"Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman showed us a strong, capable, poised, curious and compassionate character, and her performance has been universally praised, resonating with audiences everywhere. Gal plays the immortal warrior so well, and the film's themes are especially apt for today, empowering all types of people-women and men, young and old-the world over," said Festival Chairman Harold Matzner. "The Palm Springs International Film Festival is honored to present Gal Gadot with this year's Rising Star Award - Actress."
Past recipients of the Rising Star Award include Ruth Negga, Alicia Vikander, Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett Johansson, Anna Kendrick and Dakota Fanning.
- HHS is expected to unveil 'conscience protections' for health care workers
- White House can't guarantee infrastructure plan by State of the Union
- Tillerson sees long-term US presence in Syria
- Bannon's Hill appearance reveals White House effort to restrict testimony
- VA apologizes after surgery that allegedly left scalpel inside veteran