Cathedral City, Calif. - A fire that spread from a mobile home to a recreational vehicle in Cathedral City Friday afternoon is being blamed on an exploding propane tank.
The owner of the mobile home says he was firing up his grill to cook some food, when the blast happened. His elderly wife was still inside their home, which caught fire quickly.
Neighbors and firefighters rushed in to save his wife.
While the fire was out within minutes, the mobile home and the RV that was parked next door were seriously damaged.
Desert Shadows RV Resort is located at 69801 Ramon Road in Cathedral City. Smoke can be seen throughout the surrounding area.
KESQ News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 have a reporter on scene and will have updates on this page and starting live at 5:00.
Download our news app for free to get updates on Breaking News in the Coachella Valley.