PALM DESERT, Calif. - Fashion Week El Paseo will get underway in Palm Desert on Sunday.
Sunday's events include a 6 p.m. canine fashion show with the theme, 'Famous Dogs of Hollywood', to benefit the Humane Society of the Desert.
Fashion Week runs through March 22 and wraps up with a cocktail party and fashion show, featuring designs by Zang Toi.
All Fashion Week events raise money for charities, such as the American Heart Association, Skin Cancer Foundation and National Multiple Sclerosis Society, according to organizers.
Other events include:
Monday at 8PM
- Fashion show of designs by Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising alumni to benefit The Living Desert and the Junior League
Tuesday at 8PM
- ``Little Black Dress'' reception and fashion show featuring 10 retailers to benefit The Girlfriend Factor, a local nonprofit organization that provides education grants to women
Wednesday at 10AM
- Designer Michael Costello, ``Project Runway'' designers and ``Project Runway All Stars'' producer Rob Bagshaw will answer questions at a meet-and-greet
Wednesday at 8PM
- Costello will unveil his men's and women's spring collections and the ``Project Runway'' designers will showcase their work
Thursday at 10AM
- A trunk show with Costello and ``Project Runway'' designers.
Thursday at 8PM
- Fashion Week newcomer Jim Mullin will showcase his debut collection
Friday at 8PM
- A ``Best of Saks Fifth Avenue'' will benefit the Women Leaders Forum
Saturday at 8PM
- ``Designer of the Week'' Zang Toi will showcase his work at a show benefiting Fashion Group International Palm Springs and the Desert Outreach Foundation
Next weekend, the Food & Wine Festival Palm Desert will be held in the same area as Fashion Week. Events, scheduled March 21-23, include food, wine and beer tastings.
Events are in a tent on Larkspur Lane, between El Paseo and Shadow Mountain Drive. Fashion Week and the Food & Wine Festival are organized by Palm Springs Life magazine.