THERMAL, Calif. - California Highway Patrol officers are investigating a deadly collision involving a pedestrian in Thermal Monday night.
CHP officers said 26-year-old Veronica Rosales from Thermal died after being struck by a vehicle. Highway Patrol tells KESQ News Channel 3 / CBS Local 2 News she was walking westbound on Avenue 66 when she was hit.
The collision happened just after 8 p.m. near the intersection of Avenue 66 and Tyler Street, close to Desert Mirage High School, according to the CHP incident log.
The driver involved was a 26-year-old Coachella man in a 2007 Chrysler. He had one passenger in his car. Neither of them was hurt or arrested.
- Samsung unveils special edition Galaxy Note 8 only for Olympians
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham: 'I'm not going to vote' for funding bill
- Poison control calls 'spike' due to online laundry pod challenge
- Brexit bill passes final stage in House of Commons
- Suicide blast in Nigeria leaves at least 10 dead, dozens injured