PALM DESERT, Calif. - Palm Desert Police say two men were in custody Wednesday accused of repeatedly burglarizing a Palm Desert department store outlet.
Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputies investigated a series of break-ins at the Sak’s Off-Fifth retail store, located on the 73400 block of Highway 111.
The burglaries happened between October 6 and November 7 and involved the same suspect with a total loss of approximately $3500.
Investigators determined one of the suspects was already in custody on unrelated charges.
Surveillance on a second suspect lead to the arrest of Anthony Demorieo Smith, 49, and seizure of controlled substance.
Anyone with information regarding this incident was encouraged to call Deputy Andrews at the Palm Desert Sheriff’s Station at (760) 836-1600.
- GOP donor wants candidates who support tougher gun control
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort
- Netanyahu blasts media 'witch hunt' as police announce new investigation
- Virtual reality brings Olympic experience to life