INDIO, Calif. - A 48-year-old man from Long Beach has been arrested on suspicion of burglarizing the same business in Rancho Mirage two times over the course of five months. The business is located in the 69-900 block of Highway 111.
Authorities arrested Jose Flores after the second burglary, which happened on Friday at about 6:30 a.m. The Palm Desert Burglary Suppression Unit located Flores in the area of Clinton Street and Fred Waring Drive shortly after the burglary, and they found stolen property that was taken from the business.
Authorities had been searching for the suspect since December 2, 2016 when the business was burglarized the first time. During that burglary, deputies were able to recover the stolen property and identify the suspect, but they weren't able to catch up with him until he allegedly targeted the business a second time.
Deputies said they recovered stolen property that was taken during both burglaries, which was valued at about $20,000.
Flores was booked into the Riverside County Jail in Indio for burglary. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Palm Desert Sheriff's Station at 760-836-1688.
- Janet Yellen: Tax plan's deficits could make it harder to fight a recession
- Manhattan bomb suspect makes court appearance -- from hospital bed
- John McCain to Trump: Lay off the 'fake news' claims
- Salma Hayek recalls Harvey Weinstein 'fury' on 'Frida' set in op-ed
- Trump invites Doug Jones to the White House