Crime

British pedophile claims child molestation group routinely met in Palm Springs

Warning: Graphic content to follow

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - A convicted pedophile from Britain accused of traveling to Palm Springs last month to have sex with young boys may have planned to meet a group of men here who routinely molest children together.

Read the full criminal complaint filed by the Department of Homeland Security

This new information obtained from a previously sealed complaint filed in federal court against Paul Charles Wilkins, and obtained by CBS Local 2/KESQ.

According to the redacted complaint, Wilkins, 70, told an undercover agent for the Department of Homeland Security he'd come to Palm Springs after arranging with a man to have sex with his two young sons.  Wilkins planned to meet the father and his 10 and 12 year-old sons in the Camino Del Sol apartments on Racquet Club Drive, but it didn't work out because the father stopped communicating with him after he arrived in California. 

Through an online group that links people with sexual interest in young children, agents helped Wilkins set up another, future meeting set for Feb. 11 with a 9 year-old Mexican boy, who was working to make money to help his family in Mexico. 

There's no explanation for why special agents were communicating specifically with Wilkins, but Wilkins served jail time starting in 2011, for making and distributing pornography involving animals, both dead and alive, and infants as young as 9 months.

Wilkins also told the undercover Homeland Security agents, he was in touch with a man from came from the UK to Palm Springs for "months at a time," to meet the so-called "Boylover Club."  He said he was waiting on a call from a contact to introduce him to a group of men in Palm Springs who routinely molest children together.

Thom Mrozek, public affairs officer from the U.S. Attorney's Office says the investigation continues, and to his knowledge, no other arrests have been made at this time.

Wilkins was ordered held without bond, and will be back in court on March 3.


comments powered by Disqus

Photo Galleries