INDIO, Calif. - The Indio Police Department released crime statistics from the second weekend of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival.
152 people were arrested:
- 25 arrested for public intoxication
- 7 arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance
- 76 arrested for illegal possession of a controlled substance (71 of those were misdemeanor offenses; 5 were felony possession for sales)
- 37 arrested for alcohol-related violations (33 were minors with fake IDs, 4 were for providing alochol to a minor)
- 6 arrested for cell phone theft/pickpockets
- 1 arrested for making criminal threats with a firearm (Outside the venue on a city street. Victim was a security guard positioned at a neighborhood, suspect was an Indio resident)
- 298 traffic-related citations were issued for various driving violations (98 citations were for unlawful use of a handicap placard)
Read: Eighty four people were cited for fake handicap placards during the first weekend of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival
Now that both weekend of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival have concluded, Indio police are gearing up for the country music crowd converging on the desert for the Stagecoach Country Music Festival.
- What Trump was saying during the last government shutdown
- Interior official: No decision yet on Fla. Offshore drilling
- CNN Poll: President Trump's approval rating edges up to 40%
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Paramedics called to Justice Sonia Sotomayor's house for low blood sugar