INDIO, Calif. - The Riverside County Coroner's Office has identified the man killed in an Indio house fire.
David Lee Ellis, a 61-year-old male resident of Indio, died Wednesday morning at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton from injuries suffered in an explosion and fire that occurred at his residence.
The explosion happened this past Tuesday afternoon on the 44000 block of King Street near Miles Avenue. According to Sgt. Daniel Marshall, 12 to 15 people were evacuated from the apartment building prior to the explosion, the cause of which remains under investigation.
An Indio police officer also suffered injuries in the incident, the officer was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center for treatment of 2nd-degree burns on his right arm. The officer has been released and is recovering at home.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
- What Trump was saying during the last government shutdown
- Interior official: No decision yet on Fla. Offshore drilling
- CNN Poll: President Trump's approval rating edges up to 40%
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Paramedics called to Justice Sonia Sotomayor's house for low blood sugar