COACHELLA, Calif. - Officials with the City of Coachella have announced construction plans to build the city's first hotel. It's called Rancho Las Flores Hotel & Resort, and will be located at the corner of Avenue 48 and Van Buren Street.
Officials said the hotel and resort will have bungalow style designs incorporated and expect to have at least 130 rooms when they open.
But, construction for the new hotel isn't expected to begin until June.
The Rancho Las Flores Hotel & Resort is expected to be fitted with the most modern technology and will provide job opportunities to many Coachella Valley residents.
KESQ News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 will deliver more details as we continue to talk to city officials about Coachella's very first hotel.
- NY Gov. Cuomo to keep Statue of Liberty open during shutdown
- Amazon to (finally) open checkout-free store in Seattle
- After outcry, deployed troops will get to watch football during shutdown
- Rand Paul: Dems spiked his immigration compromise to end shutdown
- Women's Marches draw large crowds on second day