THERMAL, Calif. - A bicyclist is dead after being hit by a car that blew a stop sign in Thermal.
The accident happened shortly before 12:10 p.m. on Avenue 62 and Fillmore. The Riverside County Coroner's Office has identified the bicyclist as 68-year-old Jack Laird of Bellingham, Washington.
According to CHP officer Steven Rivas, the vehicle blew a stop sign and collided with the bicyclist.
The driver, an unidentified female in her mid 20's, stayed at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation, Rivas said.
Rivas noted that drivers constantly fail to stop at that specific stop sign.
Stay with KESQ News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 for updates as we get them.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
- Interior official: No decision yet on Fla. Offshore drilling
- CNN Poll: President Trump's approval rating edges up to 40%
- Here's what the last government shutdown looked like
- Paramedics called to Justice Sonia Sotomayor's house for low blood sugar
- Mattis: Military will continue to function, but shutdown will have 'terrible impact'