Palm Springs Police continue search for suspect in double stabbing at massage parlor

Man and woman both injured in attacks

Palm Springs Police continue search...


Palm Springs Police announced new information Thursday on the double stabbing that occurred at acupuncture/massage business on September 19. 

According to Sgt. William Hutchinson in Palm Springs Police Facebook live broadcast, two victims are still in the hospital. 

Police say the stabbing occurred inside the business, on 300 block of Tachevah and Indian Canyon.

The suspect entered and asked for a massage. During that, for an unknown reason the suspect attacked the female massage therapist. 

A male victim -- believed to be a customer -- heard the female screaming and he ran to assist her.

The male suspect then attacked the male victim, stabbing him in multiple places.

The female victim ran out the back door, around the building and back toward the front door of the business before collapsing.

The male victim ran out the front door toward Desert Hospital when he collapsed just as he entered onto Tachevah Dr. He has not been able to give a statement to police.

Both victims are listed as being in stable condition.  

The suspect was able to flee the scene in a white compact sedan.

The suspect is being described as:

  • white male
  • 30's-40's 
  • 5'10
  •  medium to heavy build
  • short dark hair

“This individual is not know to the masseuse or this business. He is not a regular customer. The information that we have is this is a complete stranger to the attack,” said Sgt. William Hutchinson with the Palm Springs Police Department.

If you have any information on this case or the whereabouts of the suspect call Palm Springs Police.



Palm Springs Police were investigating a stabbing attack that left a man and woman both injured.

It happened at 5:40 p.m. Tuesday near Tachevah Drive and Indian Canyon. When police arrived on scene they found a man and woman with stab wounds 100 yards apart from one another. Both were rushed to Desert Regional Medical Center where there was no word on their conditions.

Police closed the crime scene area all night and into Wednesday morning for their investigation.

As of Wednesday morning, authorities said they still did not have a suspect in custody.

Roads were shut down in the area.

Stay with KESQ News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 for updates as we get them.

More: Today’s Top Stories

First Alert Forecast

More: I-Team and Stands for You investigations

Find us on Facebook: KESQ News Channel 3 & CBS Local 2

Follow us on Twitter for breaking news updates: @KESQ  & @Local2

We’re on Instagram! @KESQ_News_Channel_3  & @CBSLocal2

Watch live newscasts

Noticias en español: Telemundo 15

comments powered by Disqus

Photo Galleries