PALM DESERT, Calif. -

Firefighters were able to extinguish a grease fire quickly at a Palm Desert apartment complex Friday afternoon.

The blaze was reported about 2:20 p.m. at The Regent, located at 73373 Country Club Drive. Firefighters saw light smoke when they arrived, and put out the fire a short time later, Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman Jennifer Fuhrman said.

According to Cal Fire, two men, two women and three dogs have been displaced from the grease fire.  There was only fire damage to one apartment, but a neighbor told News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 that the residents who live below the apartment that caught fire are out of their home due to water damage.

No injuries or evacuations were reported.

AP

POSTED: 04:13 PM PDT Jul 18, 2014 

Four adults and 3 dogs were displaced after a grease fire ignited in an apartment at The Regent in Palm Desert Friday at about 2:20 p.m.

1 / 4