PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - About 200 people were stuck at the top of the Palm Springs Aerial Tram Way after a mechanical issue Saturday evening.
According to Tram management, at about 7:30 p.m. a communication line that controls the car failed.
About 70 people were on their way down the Tram when the car stopped. No one was on the other car going in the opposite direction.
Emergency systems were brought online and the occupied car was brought back to the top of the Tram.
Management says Engineers told KESQ/CBS Local 2 they were working to get the communication line back up.
A viewer called into the newsroom to say the tram was moving again by 10:00 p.m. .Saturday night
Stay with KESQ and CBS Local 2 for the latest updates.
- HHS is expected to unveil 'conscience protections' for health care workers
- White House can't guarantee infrastructure plan by State of the Union
- Tillerson sees long-term US presence in Syria
- Bannon's Hill appearance reveals White House effort to restrict testimony
- VA apologizes after surgery that allegedly left scalpel inside veteran