PALM DESERT, Calif -

A crow is being blamed for a power outage and fire Sunday night outside St. Margaret's Episcopal Church in Palm Desert.

The fire broke out around 11:30 last night says Cal Fire.

According to the church's website, "The crow apparently electrocuted itself on power lines behind the church, sparking the fire on the power lines and catching nearby brush and trees on fire."

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 45 minutes.

The church website also stated that the back half of its offices will be without power for at least 2 to 3 days.