Authorities in Middletown, Conn., said a student looking for the "Axe Effect" while getting dressed in his high school locker room Thursday set off the fire alarm after dousing himself with body spray.

Fire officials said crews evacuated Middletown High School when the alarms rang out from the gym and then determined that the heat sensors were tripped by the spray, the Middletown Press reported.

"It was some kid in the locker room using body spray, and it created a cloud of mist right underneath the sensor," Fire Marshal Albert Santostefano told the newspaper. "The mist could trip the fire alarm -- steam from a shower could trip it. It looks like he used an overabundance, and they said it was Axe Body Spray."

According to the publication, students and teachers were allowed to return to the building shortly after the incident.

There's no word on whether Axe's "Unleash the Chaos" ad campaign motivated the teen to elevate his personal hygiene regimen.

To read the original story click here.