CABAZON, Calif. - The Morongo Band of Mission Indians is giving away 10,000 turkeys to families in need during the holiday season.
Volunteers handed out turkeys at the Morongo Community Center as part of the tribe's 32nd annual Thanksgiving Outreach Program.
The recipients come from 102 pre-selected churches, charities, and nonprofit groups across Southern California.
The turkeys given this year will help provide an estimated 200,000 Thanksgiving dinners to families, seniors and veterans in need.
Among the groups receiving turkeys are the Coachella Valley Rescue Mission in Indio, the Los Angeles Rescue Mission, Carol's Kitchen, Martha's Village, the Kansas Avenue Resource Center in Riverside, the Hope Food Bank in San Jacinto, and many others.
The giveaway is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Nov.14 and from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Noticias en español: Telemundo 15
- How a plot to kill Kim Il Sung ended in mutiny and murder
- As China concerns grow, India looks to build military presence in Seychelles
- GOP donor wants candidates who support tougher gun control
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort