When it comes to planning a wedding, some grooms may feel left out of the planning as the bride tends to most of the details. But a wedding day is also an important day for the groom and it's important the day reflects his interests as well.
Figure out what's most important
One way the groom can make sure he's more involved in the wedding process is to think of at least one detail he really wants to take care of himself. This can be something small, like a food item that will be served, or it can be something larger like choosing a photographer or the band. If a particular element of the wedding is really important to him than he should make sure he gets to take point on the planning of it.
Another way for the groom to stay involved is to attend appointments with various people the couple has hired to assist with the wedding, from the wedding planner, to the chef, to the staff at the venue. Being present will allow the groom to help with decisions that are made during these meetings.
Keep the bride calm
And perhaps the most important role a groom can play in the wedding preparation is to keep the bride calm. Planning a wedding can be stressful so the bride and groom need to support each other throughout the process.
- Sweden to publish leaflets warning citizens over potential war
- Jeff Flake rips Trump: A president 'who cannot take criticism ... is charting a very dangerous path'
- America missing out on tourism boom
- It's so cold in parts of Siberia that eyelashes freezing
- Trump's India partner sees 'overwhelming' interest in apartments