PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - The first ever Palm Springs Tattoo Convention will get underway Friday at the Hard Rock Hotel.
More than 75 tattoo artists will practice their craft at "Palm Trees and Tattoos,'' which kicks off with a pool party on Friday and continues with the main convention Saturday and Sunday.
The event is organized by TG Tattoo in Cathedral City and tattoo-oriented Sullen Art Collective in Orange County.
Organizers say a bikini contest with a $1,000 prize is planned for Friday. Live music, tattoo contests and a portrait seminar by Yucca Valley tattoo artist Rich Pineda will also be included in the convention.
A weekend pass is $20. For information visit palmtreesandtattoos.com.
- White supremacists responsible for most extremist killings in 2017, ADL says
- New details emerge about Trump porn star payoff
- Investigators search California torture house
- Graham, Durbin introduce bipartisan immigration bill despite setbacks
- HHS is expected to unveil 'conscience protections' for health care workers