RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. - Deputies pulled over a man in Palm Desert Tuesday afternoon and found marijuana and prescription pills.
According to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department, 20-year-old Calvin Campbell of Rancho Mirage was arrested after deputies initially found seven ounces of marijuana and prescription narcotics in his car during a traffic stop.
Their investigation led them to a house in the 100 block of Via Milano in Rancho Mirage where they seized 4.8 lbs. of marijuana, 95 narcotics pills, a shotgun and paraphernalia for drug sales.
Deputies estimate the street value of the drugs to be at $16,000.
Campbell was booked into the Riverside County Jail in Indio on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of narcotics with the intent to sell.
- GOP donor wants candidates who support tougher gun control
- Trump tweet angers survivors of Parkland shooting
- LA Times: Former Trump aide Gates to plead guilty, testify against Manafort
- Netanyahu blasts media 'witch hunt' as police announce new investigation
- Virtual reality brings Olympic experience to life