THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. - There are plenty of meals and events in store for Thanksgiving on November, 28. Check out our list of fun things to do in your area for the holiday.
HighTower Thanksgiving Day 5K benefiting Martha's Village & Kitchen. On-site registration begins at 6:30 a.m.; race begins at 8 a.m. El Paseo Drive, Palm Desert.
Thanksgiving meal scheduled for 11 a.m. at First Baptist Church, 588 Rosa Parks Road, Palm Springs. Free. (760) 327-8577
Thanksgiving dinner is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall at United Methodist Church of Palm Springs, 1555 E. Alejo Road. Free. (760) 327-5931
Desert Hot Springs:
- Thanksgiving dinner scheduled at Christian Center Desert Hot Springs, 66511 8th St., from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. (760) 329-5076
- Bridges of Hope & Food Now Thanksgiving dinner is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Food Now, 11555 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs. Free (760) 328-0887
- Thanksgiving meal at The Salvation Army, 11:30 a.m., Dick and Beverly Davis Corps Community Center, 30400 Landau Blvd., Cathedral City. Free. (760) 324-2275
- Bridges of Hope & Big Mama's Soul Food Thanksgiving dinner is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the restaurant, 68510 E. Palm Canyon Drive, Cathedral City. Free. (760) 328-0887
- Thanksgiving meal at the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Desert, 72425 Via Vail, Rancho Mirage, scheduled for 2 p.m. Bring a side dish if possible. Free. (760) 321-0694
- Coachella Valley Rescue Mission, 47470 Van Buren Blvd., Indio, has scheduled Thanksgiving dinner 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday. Free. (760) 347-3512.