DESERT HOT SPRINGS, Calif. - Witnesses said a man leaned his seat back as he crashed into a big rig at the intersection of Palm Drive and Varner Road Monday morning in Desert Hot Springs. And judging by the damage to his car, the last-second decision may be the reason he's still alive.
The crash happened around 10:30 a.m.
News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 were on scene. Firefighters were able to extricate the man from the driver's seat safely. According to Cal Fire, the man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Traffic is being routed around the big rig as police work to clear the scene. Drivers should avoid the area if possible. The crash is under investigation.
News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 will bring you more information when it becomes available.
- Former playmate allegedly had affair with president
- Group chat reveals school shooter obsessed with race, violence and guns
- Special counsel filing reveals new bank fraud allegations against Manafort
- Trump visits Florida hospital, sheriff's office after Parkland shooting
- School shooter showed violence and mental instability at home, police reports reveal