Fire evacuates hotel spa in Palm Springs

Blaze started in storage shed of Viceroy Hotel

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - Firefighters have extinguished a fire near the spa at the Viceroy Hotel at 415 S. Belardo Road. Smoke was reported around 1 p.m.

According to the Palm Springs Fire Department, the fire started from a gas water heater igniting dry debris in a storage shed.

Smoke traveled through an air conditioning duct and guests of the spa were evacuated as a precaution.

Belardo Road and Cajuilla Road were closed in the area while firefighters worked to put out the fire.

The hotel remained operational and was never evacuated.

Very minimal damage was reported and firefighters cleared the scene around 2:30 p.m.

comments powered by Disqus

Photo Galleries