PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - Nine lucky students interested in the entertainment industry will get to walk the red carpet with some of the biggest names in Hollywood on January, 4, at the 25th annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala.
Eight middle school students and a senior from Palm Springs High School were selected this year as special guests of Mayor Pougnet.
The students will dress to impress as they walk the red carpet along with Matthew McConaughey, Bradley Cooper, Christian Bale, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Meryl Streep and some of the biggest film stars in the world.
The Awards Gala is the biggest and most glamorous event of the Coachella Valley season.
The students who will be making a celebrity appearance this year are:
- Camarius Botley, Raymond Cree Middle School
- Justina Carpenter, Raymond Cree Middle School
- Fayth Clayton, James Workman Middle School
- Nikole Holm, Cielo Vista
- Cameron Kalisvaart, Desert Chapel Middle School
- Cruz Minjarez, Raymond Cree Middle School
- Peyton Pellum, Raymond Cree Middle School
- Dara Shay, St. Theresa School
- Lily Sanchez, Palm Springs High School
Congratulations to the students who were selected this year, we'll see you on the red carpet!