2 alarm blaze leaves 4 people homeless

Location: Grapevine Street near Portola Drive in Palm Desert

PALM DESERT, Calif. - Cal fire was mopping up after an early evening fire broke out at a home in Palm Desert just after 5:00 p.m. Tuesday.

Cal Fire says when crews arrived on scene they saw smoke coming from a home on the 72-900 block of Grapevine Street.  The heavy smoke was coming from the attic area of the home.  Crews were able to put out the blaze around 5:45 p.m. 

A family of four lives at the home, and the homeowner says that he believes the cause of the fire is an outdoor grill he left on outside the home.   The family plans to stay with relatives overnight. 

Cal Fire says officially they still do not know the cause, but believe that the origin of the fire may have been from the outside area and not the attic as first reported. 

comments powered by Disqus

Photo Galleries