The Annual "Fiestas Patrias-El Grito" event is a large celebration of Mexican Independence Day, a Mexican holiday that celebrates the cry of independence on September 16, 1810. It reminds us that the spirit of freedom helps maintain a bond between Hispanics here in the Coachella Valley and their home countries.
The event will be held on Sunday September 17th 2017 and is an all-day organized event that is free to the public. Attendees will enjoy live musical performances, the traditional El Grito ceremony, a variety of cultural food booths, a beer garden, informational exhibits, and games for children. This event is an opportunity to celebrate the Mexican culture and reach a massive audience in a grass-roots style one day event.
Fiestas Patrias – El Grito is a partnership between the City of Coachella, The Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Consulate of Mexico of San Bernardino and exclusive media partner KUNA Telemundo and La Poderosa 96.7.
- Recomendaciones para ver el eclipse solar en el Valle de Coachella
- Muere un hombre al intentar cruzar una calle en Indio
- Estudiante recibirá $ 1,5 millones en demanda al distrito escolar Desert Sands.
- Se celebra la apertura de la terminación sustancial del proyecto Jefferson St en Indio
- Sujeto intenta raptar a una niña de nueve años en Rancho Mirage