Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 9:29 PM PST on March 1, 2015, expires at: 4:00 PM PST on March 02, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 PM PST Monday...
- snow levels...falling to around 4500 feet for late tonight and Monday.
- Timing...periods of snow showers will continue through Monday.
- Total snow accumulations have reached 4 to 8 inches above 6000 feet thus far. Through Monday...an additional 1 to 3 inches is expected between 4000 to 5000 feet...3 to 6 inches between 5000 to 6000 ft...with 6 to 8 inches above 6000 ft.
- Visibility...reduced below one-quarter mile at times in snow and fog.
- Impacts...residents and travelers in mountains should be prepared for hazardous winter weather conditions...chain controls...and possible Road closures. Carry chains and take extra food and clothing. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Jt