High Wind Watch:
Issued at: 8:50 PM PST on February 6, 2016, expires at: 2:00 PM PST on February 08, 2016
- ...High wind watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon through Monday afternoon...
- winds...east to northeast 30 to 40 mph with gusts 50 to 65 mph.
- Timing...winds increasing through the day on Sunday...peaking Sunday night into Monday morning...then weakening into Tuesday.
- Location...along the coastal mountain slopes and foothills and below favored passes and canyons
- visibility...locally reduced in blowing dust
- impacts...strong cross winds will be a potential hazard for high profile vehicles. Broken tree limbs and debris on roadways .
- Outlook...winds of advisory strength may develop earlier on Sunday in some wind-prone areas and continue into Tuesday morning. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts. Maxwell