Issued at: 2:01 am PDT on August 3, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM PDT on August 05, 2015
- ...Heat advisory now in effect from noon Tuesday to 6 PM PDT Wednesday...
- location...near the Palm Springs area for Tuesday...expanding southward through the thermal area on Wednesday.
- High temperatures...112 to 115 on Tuesday...112 to 116 on Wednesday.
- Impacts...risk of heat related illness.
- Outlook...cooling for Thursday through Saturday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water. To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency - call 911. For a detailed map of the hazard: