Issued at: 3:16 am PDT on August 28, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM PDT on August 28, 2015
- ...Heat advisory in effect from noon today to 6 PM PDT this evening... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a heat advisory...which is in effect from noon today to 6 PM PDT this evening.
- Location...valleys...inland Orange County...and coastal areas of San Diego County near The Mesas.
- Temperature...high temperatures of 95 to 102 in inland Orange County and the San Diego County valleys...102 to 108 in the inland Empire...and 95 to 100 near The Mesas in San Diego County coastal areas.
- Impacts...risk of heat related illness. Those at highest risk include children...the elderly...and pets without adequate shelter.
- Outlook...slight cooling is expected for Saturday with greater cooling for Sunday into next week. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water. To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency - call 9 1 1.