Issued at: 2:02 PM MST on April 25, 2015, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on April 25, 2015
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening...
- affected area...southeast California...including el centro... Plaster City...Blythe...Desert Center...Joshua Tree National Park and additional locations along the Interstate 8 and 10 corridors.
- Timing...through Saturday evening.
- Winds...from the west 25 to 35 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
- Impacts...strong gusts will create hazardous Crosswinds and the potential for locally reduced visibilities due to blowing dust and sand. Travel along north to south oriented roadways and through area mountain passes and gaps may be difficult at times. Strong west Crosswinds will also impact airfields with north to south oriented runways. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of between 30 and 40 mph are expected...or wind gusts of between 40 and 58 mph. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. In addition...strong winds over desert areas could result in briefly lowered visibilities to well under a mile at times in blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra caution.