Issued at: 3:00 am PST on February 6, 2016, expires at: 1:00 PM PST on February 06, 2016
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM PST this afternoon...
- winds...areas of northeast to east winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph. Gusts to 60 mph in the windiest locations.
- Timing...gusty winds this morning into early afternoon.
- Location...strongest winds along coastal slopes and foothills...and through and below the passes and canyons... including Cajon and san gorgonio passes.
- Visibility...locally reduced to 1 mile or less in blowing dust.
- Impacts...the strong winds will make for hazardous driving conditions for high profile vehicles...including along interstates 15...215...10...and 8. Blowing dust may reduce visibilities. Broken tree limbs and other debris in roadways possible.
- Outlook...although winds will weaken later this afternoon...even stronger offshore winds will surface Sunday and Monday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.