- ...Wind Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to 8 am PST Wednesday... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to 8 am PST Wednesday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
- Winds...areas of northeast to east winds strengthening to 20 to 30 mph late tonight through Tuesday morning with gusts to 50 mph. Isolated gusts to 60 mph. Winds gradually subsiding for Tuesday afternoon through early Wednesday morning.
- Location...along coastal mountain slopes and adjacent foothill areas. Strongest winds for the coastal foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains and the coastal slopes of the San Diego County mountains.
- Timing...the winds will strengthen beginning this evening with strongest winds for late tonight into Tuesday morning. Winds gradually subsiding for Tuesday afternoon through early Wednesday.
- Impacts...broken tree limbs...debris on roadways...and difficult travel conditions for high profile vehicles. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Current wind gust reports on the web: http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/sgx/gmap/index.Php For a detailed map of the hazard: www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/wrh/whv/?Wfo=sgx