Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 12:59 PM PST on November 22, 2014, expires at: 4:00 PM PST on November 25, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from late Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon for gusty winds and low humidity... The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Fire Weather Watch for strong gusty winds and low humidity...which is in effect from late Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon.
- Winds...areas northeast to east 25 to 35 mph...with gusts 50 to 60 mph. Local gusts 70 to 80 mph on Tuesday.
- Relative humidity...lowest daytime in the teens on Sunday...and the single digits Tuesday and Wednesday...with poor overnight recovery. Teens again on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Timing...Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon. Strongest winds in the mornings...with winds peaking Tuesday.
- Outlook...winds will begin to diminish and relative humidity will begin to increase on Wednesday and continue through Friday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings. Jjt
Issued at: 12:58 PM PST on November 22, 2014, expires at: 3:00 AM PST on November 23, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 3 am PST Sunday...
- winds...west 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
- Timing...winds increasing this afternoon and continuing through early Sunday morning.
- Location...along Desert Mountain slopes into adjacent desert areas.
- Visibility...in the deserts locally reduced in blowing dust at times.
- Impacts...strong gusty winds will make driving hazardous... especially for high profile vehicles. Watch for broken tree limbs and localized blowing dust. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.