Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 3:04 PM PDT on April 20, 2014, expires at: 9:00 PM PDT on April 22, 2014
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening for strong winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zone 229... The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Fire Weather Watch for strong winds and low relative humidity...which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening.
- Affected area...in California...fire weather zone 229 lower Colorado River valley.
- Timing...strong winds will develop across the area during the late morning hours around the same time that relative humidities begin to fall below 15 percent. Winds will peak during the mid afternoon before decreasing Tuesday evening.
- Wind...widespread southwest winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts of 35 to 50 mph are expected through Tuesday afternoon. Locally higher winds with gusts near 60 mph will be possible near exposed ridgetops and canyon openings.
- Humidity...minimum values of 6 to 15 percent.
- Impacts...the combination of gusty winds...low relative humidity and dry fuels can create conditions that are favorable for extreme fire behavior. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are possible. Please advise the appropriate fire weather officials in the field of this Fire Weather Watch. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.